Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 1 (RQF)
The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 requires employers to provide whatever information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of their employees.
Providing Health and Safety at Work training and information helps employers to:
- Ensure that employees know how to work safely and without risks to health.
- Develop a positive Health and Safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone.
- Meet their legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees
This course provides employees from all environments a basic introduction to health and safety in the workplace ensuring they are able to keep themselves and others safe at all times.
The course is taught over 4 hours and includes a mixture of individual, group, theory and practical lessons including appropriate training aids. The course includes a theory assessment (multiple choice and short answer question paper). Some individual study time outside of the course is recommended.
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Understand the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace
- Understand the range of workplace conditions that can affect health and safety
- Understand the requirements for workplace procedures