AVC Training aims to provide its learners the opportunity to train in peaceful, natural surroundings, set in the heart of the Fenland countryside within easy reach of Peterborough, Huntingdon, Ely and Cambridge.
We offer mandatory and specialist courses for Health and Social care which are reviewed by our rigorous quality assurance team and are updated regularly.
We will endeavour, wherever possible, to tailor your learning experience to your own operating environments and our staff are happy to discuss individual training requirements.
We run courses throughout the year, so whether you require a single course for an individual or a full range of courses to complete mandatory training for large numbers of staff AVC Training can help.
Set in seven stunning acres in rural Cambridgeshire, Askham Village Community is a group of five specialist care homes with on-site services and amenities that are designed to make the whole place feel like a small, friendly village in which to live.
AVC Training adheres to the five principles that Askham Village Community prides:
- We are a community: We value each other and we all have a responsibility to look out for each other’s safety and well being
- We believe in empowerment: We recognise that we all have a positive contribution to make and encourage each other to reach their full potential through a full and active life
- We respect each other: We acknowledge that we all have our own personal, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs; and that these may vary over time
- We prioritise personal dignity: We do not compromise on an individual’s right to live a dignified life of enjoyment, self determination; recognising their need for privacy and choice
- We value quality: We provide for more than the basic needs; with attention to detail in all aspects of life at Askham
For more information about Askham Village Community, please visit www.askhamvillagecommunity.com
What do I do if the qualification I require is not listed?
Please contact AVC Training on 01354 740269 Ext 237 or email email@example.com as not all the qualifications we offer may be listed. We constantly review and update our training programme.
How often are courses run?
We have a training calendar which every course we offer is held on a regular basis. Subject to minimum learner numbers there is regular space in the calendar to permit further training courses to be held.
Does the course have to be held at AVC Training?
Although we prefer to hold courses at our facility as all the requirements we need to meet for adequate learning environments have already been assessed, our training staff will be happy to provide training at your premises if it is assessed as suitable. Please call AVC Training on 1354 740269 Ext 237 to discuss the suitability. Please note that travelling costs may be incurred in some circumstances.
What facilities are available on-site?
There is an on-site café offering hot and cold drinks, home-made cakes, a selection of hot and cold snacks and light lunches. Plenty of free parking is available on-site and there are ample disabled access facilities. Catering is available at an extra cost. To discuss your requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone as at 01354 740269 Ext 237.
Can I hire the training room?
Subject to the AVC Training calendar, our training room can be made available to hire and is ideally suited for either training and presentations or as a boardroom. For further information please contact email@example.com or phone us at 01354 740269 Ext 237.