First Aid at Work Annual Refresher (RQF)
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 recommend refresher training on an annual basis for all first aiders in the workplace, to prevent skill fade.
This course will enable learners to refresh their knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and/or take on the role of first aider in the workplace.
The course is taught over 3 hours and includes a mixture of individual, group, theory and practical lessons using appropriate training aids. The course includes 4 practical assessments. Some individual study time outside of the course is recommended.
- Know how to assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock