Award in First Aid Essentials Level 2 (RQF)
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training. However, having the correct first aid provision in the workplace is not just a legal requirement, it is incredibly important for the safety of all members of staff!
The QA Level 2 Award in First Aid Essentials (RQF) is taught over 6 hours and is regulated and a nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific interest or responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid in emergency situations. Successful candidates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations, including: CPR, choking, external bleeding, shock and minor injuries.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in seizure