Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation Level 2 (CPR and AED) (RQF)
Throughout both the workplace and leisure environments there are an increasing number of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) which are lifesaving pieces of equipment. Although easy to use there still exists a fear of the unknown and many people would not feel comfortable accessing and using this equipment.
This course will provide the learner with the skills and practical knowledge to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and safely use an AED.
The course is taught over 4 ½ hours and includes a mixture of individual, group, theory and practical lessons using appropriate training aids. The course includes 4 practical assessments and 1 theory assessment (multiple choice and short answer question paper). Some individual study time outside of the course is recommended.
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator