Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automatic External Defibrillation Level 2 (RQF)
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities and people so that employees can be given immediate help if they are injured or taken ill at work.
This comprehensive course will enable learners to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations and/or take on the role of first aider in the workplace.
This course may also be completed on an individual basis to gain valuable first aid knowledge and skills.
The course is taught over 4 hours and includes a mixture of individual, group, theory and practical lessons including appropriate training aids. The course includes a theory assessment (multiple choice and short answer question paper). Some individual study time outside of the course is recommended.
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator